Welcome to Mathematics Program Area
Assistant Program Head
- all math courses
- grade 9 math courses
- grade 10 math courses
- grade 11 math courses
- grade 12 math courses
General Math Programming Information
Introduction – Advanced Placement (AP) Math
The Pre-AP Mathematics program at St. Mary’s High School is an enrichment program that caters to motivated students that have a passion for math. While students can join this math stream at any point in their high school math career, getting off to a good start in grade 9 is always best.
Students who complete the Advanced Placement (AP) course in grade 12 are exceptionally well prepared for first year university programs in math, science, engineering and technology programs.
Students must be highly motivated and prepared to work hard. Grade 8 students must register for the MDM1DP through Career Cruising as well as apply to the program by completing an application and teacher reference which can be found on the school website.
Recommended Course Progression
- grade 9 – Math Pre-AP – MPM1DP
- grade 10 – Math Pre-AP – MPM2DP
- grade 11 – Pre-AP Functions MCR3UP – Semester 1
- grade 11 – Advanced Functions *MHF4UI – Semester 2
- grade 12 – AP Calculus and Vectors **MCV4UP – Semester 1
- grade 12 – AP Calculus (and Data Management) MDM4UP – Semester 2
Knowledgehook, is now a Board approved “Green Tool”. It is an online, interactive math resource that will support student learning. It will provide additional math support and instruction for learning in the classroom and also be used for differentiated home-practice. If you have any questions or concerns about this program please speak to the classroom teacher.
EQAO – Grade 9 Math Exam
- The Minister of Education has cancelled all Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) assessments for the 2019-2020 school year. Accordingly, both the January and the June 2020 grade 9 EQAO math tests have been cancelled.
- Click HERE to view a Google Document with Sample Questions, Answers, Rubrics, Formula Sheets
- Pascal (Gr. 9)
- Cayley (Gr. 10)
- Fermat (Gr. 11)
- Canadian Computing Competition (all grades)
- Euclid (senior secondary school students)
- Fryer (Gr. 9)
- Galois (Gr. 10)
- Hypatia (Gr. 11)
- October – tba
- November – tba
- December – tba
- January – tba
- February – tba
- March – tba
Pie Day – March 14th – 3.14…