Welcome to Science Program Area
General Science Programming Information
Introduction – Advanced Placement (AP) Science
The Pre-AP Science program at St. Mary’s High School is an enrichment program that caters to motivated students that have a passion for science.
While students can join this science stream at any point in their high school science career, getting off to a good start in grade 9 is always best.
Students who complete the Advanced Placement (AP) Biology and/or Physics in their senior years are exceptionally well prepared for first year university programs in math, science, engineering and technology programs.
Students must be highly motivated and studious. Grade 8 students must register for the SNC 1DP through Career Cruising as well as apply to the program by completing an application and teacher reference which can be found on the school website.
Recommended Course Progression
- grade 9 – Science Pre-AP – SNC1DP
- grade 10 – Science Pre-AP – SNC2DP
- grade 11 – Physics Pre-AP – SPH3UP – Semester.1
- grade 12 – Physics AP – SPH4UP – Semester. 2
- grade 12 – Biology Pre-AP – SBI3UP – Semester. 1
- grade 12 – Biology AP – SBI4UP – Semester . 2