The Community Build Program is a partnership between a predominant builder in the Waterloo Region and the Waterloo Catholic District School Board. This program provides students with the opportunity to experience most trades within the construction sector.
Credit courses include:
Specialist High Skills Major:
Construction Technology Co-op
Bundled courses, certifications, and co-op experience in the construction sector leads to SHSM diploma.
Who should apply?
Grade 10 or Grade 11 students who have completed a construction technology course and who would like an opportunity to build a structure from foundation to completion.
• Students apply through the Co-op application process.
• First time students in this program will be involved in many aspects of building a house.
• Second time students may specialize in a specific building trade area they wish to pursue.
(Based on availability)
Students have the opportunity to experience the following trades:
- Brick and Stone Mason
- Drywall Finisher and Plasterer
- Carpentry: Framing and Trimming
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning