Students with Surnames: Dr – G & International
Students with Surnames: Las – Pearson
Students with Surnames: Pejic – Sin
Guidance Counsellors develop relationships with students and strategize around possible steps to deal effectively with pertinent issues using the supports available within and outside the school setting. Some students self-refer but others may be referred to Guidance by administrators, youth care workers and teachers.
- Attendance counselling – trying to discover reasons behind student absenteeism and strategize possible solutions
- Address and dialogue with students regarding any behavioural issues in the class and create a plan for the cessation of such behaviours
- Crisis counselling intervention
- Co-ordinate team meetings with parent/ guardian, administration, support staff (social worker, attendance counsellor) when deemed appropriate
- Liaise with community partners such as YMCA Settlement Workers, CJI Mediators, WRPS School Resource Officers and Ray of Hope counsellors
- Liaise with outside facilities and agencies, i.e. Mosaic Counselling, K-W Counselling, CAIP, etc.
Kids Help Phone at 1(800) 668-6868.
Mental Health & Counselling
Front Door (519) 749-2932
Is your family struggling with mental health, conflict or parenting challenges? If so, the walk-in counselling program at Front Door can help.
- Tuesday: 12pm – 6:30pm at 35 Dickson St., Cambridge (Lutherwood)
- Wednesday: 12pm – 6:30pm at 1770 King Street E., Kitchener (Front Door)
- Thursday: 9am – 3:30pm at 1145 Concession Rd., Cambridge (Langs)
- Saturday: 9am-3:30pm at Front Door, 1770 King Street E., Kitchener (Front Door)
* Free/No appointment necessary – for families with children up to 18/students 17 years and under
KW Counselling 519-884-0000
Walk in – Thursday: 12pm – 6pm at 480 Charles St East, Kitchener, Ontario
Shalom Counselling Services Waterloo 519-579-9690
9 Avondale AV S, Waterloo, On
Hospice Waterloo Region (519) 743-4114
298 Lawrence Avenue, Kitchener, ON N2M 1Y4
- Provides support to teens and children who have experienced the death of a loved one. Irena at; www.hospicewaterloo.ca
Bereaved Families of Ontario-Midwestern Region 519-894-8344
The Coping Centre (519) 650-0852
1740 Blair Rd, Cambridge, On
- Offers a peaceful place for support, understanding, compassion and encouragement in the uniqueness of one’s grief journey. ; www.copingcentre.com.
Bereavement Resource Centre 519-745-2195
Kids Link, Early Intervention 519-741-1122
170 Kings St East, Suite 5, Kitchener
Ray of Hope (519) 578-8018.
230-659 King St. East Kitchener, ON N2G 2M4
St Mary’s Counselling (519) 662-9555.
The Community Outreach Program (519) 742-8327.
Helps families link with community resources such as: recreation/summer camps – fees and subsidies, food supports, clothing supports, child care and other family needs. Contact the Community Outreach Worker closest to you at (519) 742-8327.