Child & Youth Workers (CYWs)
- Nicole Cornfield (Community/Active Living students)
- Donat Sterling (student surnames: A to M)
- Keri Thompson (student surnames: N to Z)
The Role of CYWs at St. Mary’s High School
- Respond to the behaviour and social / emotional needs of students through direct intervention and consultation.
- Support, coach and advocate on behalf of students.
- Contribute to the development of social/emotional learning and skill development in order to foster a student’s positive experience in school.
- Work in collaboration with the Administrators, Guidance Counselors as well as Special Education and Student Success Teachers.
The Goal of CYWs at St. Mary’s High School
- To help students recognize their personal strengths and barriers to their success in school and in life.