DETAILS FOR 2023 CEREMONY
CONVOCATION FOR THE CLASS OF 2023
THURSDAY, JUNE 15th, 2023
Centre In the Square
MAY 5TH UPDATED INFO BELOW
- All students who have paid for the 2023 convocation will be allocated 4 tickets for guests to attend.
- Students do not require one of the 4 audience tickets as they will be sitting on stage.
- There are NO additional tickets available – due to the number of participants, all seats in Centre in the Square are being used.
- All tickets will be assigned seating (row and seat). Please sit in your designated seats – every person attending requires a ticket to enter including babies in arms.
- Tickets are allocated based on the date and time of fee payment (with consideration for accessible seating requests – see below).
- We cannot guarantee that all 4 seats will be together in the same row, but will do our best to keep them in close proximity (eg, directly behind each other in 2 rows)
- At this time, all available spaces for students to participate are taken and no additional registrations can be guaranteed.
- Requests for accessible seating – if an attending family member requires an accessible seat for wheelchair, walker access, auditory or visual proximity, please contact St. Mary’s High School Main Office to make the request – 519-745-6891.
- Accessible seating is limited so we will do our best to assign them with one other member of your group, but cannot guarantee until all requests have been received. May 30th is the deadline for making accessible seating requests.
TICKET & GOWN DISTRIBUTION
- Students will be able to pick up their tickets along with their gown packages on the following days:
Monday & Tuesday June 12th and 13th during both lunches
In the Chapel
*Gowns &Tickets MUST be picked up from school prior to the ceremony
- Students will receive additional information & instructions when they pick up their packages including when & where to arrive, but please note that students will have to arrive up to 2 hrs earlier than family members to allow time for check in and rehearsals.
- If you are no longer able to attend the ceremony, please contact the main office immediately. Refunds can be issued up to May 30th but not guaranteed after this date.
Further questions can be directed to the school’s main office
JANUARY GRADE 12 MTG PRESENTATION LINKS
CLICK HERE to access the presentation from the January 7th Grade 12 Mtg and follow the QR code for information details.
GRADUATION vs CONVOCATION
GRADUATION = completing all the requirements to earn your Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) – CLICK HERE FOR GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS and look under “What do I need to graduate?”
CONVOCATION = ceremony to celebrate the Class of 2023 (the group of students who started grade 9 in 2019) at the end of their 4th year of high school – YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COMPLETE ALL GRAD REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN CONVOCATION – you can ONLY attend convocation ONCE, at the end of your 4th year, unless advised differently by your guidance counselor.
CONVOCATION FEES – PAYMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED
COMMUNITY AWARDS APPLICATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE FEB 1ST
Scroll down on this page for a list of available awards and details.
CLASS OF 2023 SPIRIT WEAR – check School Cash Online To Order
DECEMBER 12 – 16TH Book Appointment HERE using the school code MAS
Nominate Candidates for the Valedictorians of 2023
(Please see Mrs. Drummond in student success (Room 235) if you have any questions.)
click HERE to nominate a class of 2023 valedictorian
Only a St. Mary’s student in grade 12 may nominate a fellow student to be a valedictorian candidate. You may nominate yourself.
In order to be considered as a candidate for valedictorian, a student must fulfill the following criteria:
-demonstrate the qualities of a good Catholic leader;
-maintain a strong academic record;
-be involved in a positive leadership role in school activities;
-have exemplary attendance;
-participate in making a difference in the community.
The list of nominees who meet the requirements and have the most nominations will be reviewed by the graduation committee, administration and guidance to create a short list of candidates who reflect an equitable representation of the graduating class.
All Graduates will have the opportunity to vote for 2 Valedictorian Candidates from the list of qualified nominees
GRADUATION AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
To apply for the following awards, complete the Community Sponsored Awards Application – submitting the ONE application will make you eligible for consideration for ALL Community & Faculty Awards listed below.
Students should also consult the Post-Secondary and Career Planning page on the St. Mary’s website for additional awards and scholarships that require a specific application process with the organization.
Community-Sponsored Awards – 2023 – Application will be available FEB 1st with THIS LINK
Faculty-Selected Awards Determined by Criteria:
Academic Awards (no application process):
Awards with a Special Application Process – Apply Directly to the Donor: