Dear Parents & Guardians,
On Monday, November 7, 2022, the Board of Trustees approved recommendations to change the boundaries for Canadian Martyrs, Saint John Paul II, St. Anne (K), and St. Daniel Catholic Elementary Schools (CES) as well as St. Mary’s High School.
The purpose was to establish boundaries for the new St. Patrick CES and the East Kitchener 7-12 Catholic School in advance of their opening.
The boundary changes in accordance with Staff Recommended Option 6 will take effect when the new schools open, anticipated to be September 2024.
Option 6 includes the following changes:
- Move sub-area C from St. Anne (K) to St. Daniel.
- Move sub-area D from St. Anne (K) to St. Patrick.
- Move sub-area K from Canadian Martyrs to Saint John Paul II.
- Move sub-area S from St. Daniel to St. Patrick.
- Move sub-area Y from Saint John Paul II to St. Patrick.
- St. Anne (K) would continue to be a JK-8 elementary school.
- St. Patrick would be a JK-8 elementary school.
- Canadian Martyrs, Saint John Paul II, and St. Daniel would be JK-6 schools with grades 7/8 being directed to the East Kitchener 7-12 school.
Please click HERE for the full document which includes diagrams, a map of Option 6, the approved recommendations and changes summarized by school.
Information on the decisions and all boundary review information remains available on the board’s Boundary Review webpage.