Child & Youth Workers (CYWs)
- Bobbi MacGregor (Community Living students)
- Kelsey Agunmadu (student surnames: A to L and Active Living students)
- Keri Thompson (student surnames: M to Z)
The Role of CYWs at St. Mary’s High School
- Respond to the behaviour and social / emotional needs of students through direct intervention and consultation.
- Support, coach and advocate on behalf of students.
- Contribute to the development of social/emotional learning and skill development in order to foster a student’s positive experience in school.
- Work in collaboration with the Administrators, Guidance Counselors as well as Special Education and Student Success Teachers.
The Goal of CYWs at St. Mary’s High School
- To help students recognize their personal strengths and barriers to their success in school and in life.
Phone Lines and Websites
- Here 24 Seven – Addictions, Mental Health & Crisis Services Waterloo – Wellington
- Mind Beacon – therapist guided program – free mental health support for Ontario residents dealing with stress, anxiety, depression & more
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Crisis Services of Waterloo Region Crisis Line (24/7): 1-844-437-3247
- Front Door – Access to Child and Youth Services: 519-749-2932
- www.kidshelphone.ca (24/7 online counselling service)
- www.yourlifecounts.ca (24/7 online counselling service)
- www.mindyourmind.ca (info & tools to help manage stress & anxiety)
- OK2BME – operated by KW Counselling Services – free, supportive services for LGBTQ2+ identified children, teens and their families in Waterloo Region.
- LGBT Youth Line
Walk-In Counselling Services
- Front Door 1770 King St. E, Kitchener – Wednesdays 12pm-7:30pm & Saturday 9am-3:30pm
(Free/No appointment necessary)
- KW Counselling Services 480 Charles Street – Thursdays 12pm-6pm
(Fee for service (Sliding Scale)/No appointment necessary)
Important Info (websites, videos, documents) for Students, Parents and Educators